George Edward Lopez or popularly called George Lopez is an American comedian, actor, and producer, who is best known for his self-produced ABC sitcom. He is also popular for his stand-up comedy. He has received numerous awards and honors for his work and contributions to the Latino community. He was also included in The Top 25 Hispanics in America by Time magazine in 2005.
George Lopez is our today’s subject of interest. We are going to know about George Lopez net worth, his personal and professional life, his income sources, and a lot more information in brief. Let’s get started.
George Lopez was born on 23 April in the Mission Hills suburb of Los Angeles, California. He was the son of Freida Lopez and Anatasio Lopez. His father was a migrant worker. Anatasio abandoned the family when Lopez was only two months old. Later, at the age of 10, Lopez was again deserted by his mother.
He was raised by his maternal grandmother, Benita Gutierrez, who was a factory worker. His step-grandfather, Refugio Gutierrez, who was a construction worker, also looked after Lopez. George Lopez attended San Fernando High School in Los Angeles and graduated from there in 1979.
After graduating, he started performing stand-up comedy. His performance drew the attention of actress Sandra Bullock, who invited Lopez to produce and star in a comedy show. Lopez starred in his self-produced sitcom on ABC which was aired from 2002 to 2007.
George Lopez also produced films like Real Women Have Curves which was premiered at the Sundance Film Festival and received the 2002 Audience Award. Lopez was also part of HBO’s popular show Inside the NFL during the 2003-04 football season. Lopez also had his autobiography Why You Crying published by Simon & Schuster and it was a New York Times Bestseller.
Height, Weight and Other Measurements
Height1.78 m / 5’ 10”
Weight76 Kg / 167 lbs
Shoe Size10 (US)
George Lopez got married to Ann Serrano in 1993 and this couple had a child together. They had a divorce on 1 July 2011. He suffered from a genetic issue and his kidneys deteriorated. He had a kidney transplant which his wife donated to him.
Full NameGeorge Edward Lopez
Date of Birth23 April 1961
WifeAnn Serrano (m. 1993–2011)
George Lopez Net Worth
George Lopez has had a successful acting and comedy career, from where he has earned millions of dollars. He was also the host of several different popular shows. He has also received a lot of awards and honors. He was also into production which increased his total wealth by a good margin
Net Worth$50 Million
HouseLive in own House
Income SourceComedian, Actor, Producer
Salary in 2024$1m
Awards and Achievements
George Lopez has received several awards and achievements throughout his career. Here are some of the notable ones:
ALMA Awards: George Lopez has won several ALMA (American Latino Media Arts) Awards, which recognize outstanding Latino contributions to the entertainment industry. He has received awards for Outstanding Actor in a Television Series for his work on the "George Lopez" TV show.
Imagen Foundation Awards: He has been honored with Imagen Foundation Awards, which celebrate positive portrayals of Latinos in the entertainment industry. George Lopez received the Imagen Vision Award in 2003.
National Hispanic Media Coalition Impact Award: Lopez was presented with this award in 2003, recognizing his significant impact on the portrayal of Latinos in the media.
BET Comedy Awards: He won the BET Comedy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series for his role in "George Lopez."
Kidney Transplant: Although not a traditional award, George Lopez's life was saved when he received a kidney transplant from his wife, Ann Serrano, in 2005. This life-saving transplant is a significant personal achievement and testament to the power of organ donation and transplantation awareness.
Honorary Doctorate: In recognition of his contributions to the entertainment industry and his philanthropic efforts, George Lopez received an honorary doctorate from Loyola Marymount University in 2010.
Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame: In 2006, George Lopez was awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, cementing his status as a respected figure in the entertainment industry.
George Lopez Foundation: Establishing the George Lopez Foundation is a notable achievement. The foundation is dedicated to improving the quality of life for underprivileged children and military families.
Authorship: Lopez has authored two books: "Why You Crying? My Long, Hard Look at Life, Love, and Laughter" and "I'm Not Gonna Lie and Other Lies You Tell When You Turn 50." Writing and publishing books is another achievement in his career.
These awards and achievements reflect George Lopez's contributions to the entertainment industry, his advocacy for the Latino community, and his philanthropic efforts, making him a respected figure in both the entertainment and humanitarian spheres.
George Lopez Facts
- He belongs to Mestizo Mexican descent.
- He is good friends with WWE Hall of Famer Pedro Morales and Andy Garcia and his family.
- He was a DJ on MEGA 92.3 in Los Angeles, California.
- Lopez is best known for his stand-up comedy. His humor often revolves around his Mexican-American heritage, family life, and social issues. He gained recognition as a stand-up comedian in the 1990s.
- George Lopez had a successful sitcom called "George Lopez," which aired from 2002 to 2007. The show was loosely based on his own life and focused on a Mexican-American family in Los Angeles.
- He has provided his voice for various animated films and television shows. Notably, he voiced the character Rafael in the "Rio" movie series and played the role of Grouchy Smurf in "The Smurfs" films.
- George Lopez is also an author. He has written two autobiographical books: "Why You Crying? My Long, Hard Look at Life, Love, and Laughter" and "I'm Not Gonna Lie and Other Lies You Tell When You Turn 50."
- Lopez is actively involved in various charitable and humanitarian efforts. He established the George Lopez Foundation, which aims to create positive, long-lasting change for underprivileged children and military families.
- George Lopez has faced various health issues, including a genetic kidney disorder. In 2005, he received a kidney transplant from his wife, Ann Serrano, which saved his life.
- Lopez's comedy often tackles issues related to ethnicity, race, and identity. He is known for his sharp and socially relevant humor, which resonates with a broad audience.
In the end, we always remember this powerful Hispanic comedian and actor for the powerful acting and humor he has delivered. We are glad now you know about George Lopez net worth and other details. Our effort to let you know about celebrities like him will continue.