Lin-Manuel Miranda is an American actor, rapper, and music composer who is best known for his creations in the Broadway musicals In the Heights and Hamilton. He also won a handful of awards for his contribution to the industry that includes three Tony Awards, three Grammy Awards, an Emmy Award, two Laurence Olivier Awards, and a Pulitzer Prize.
We will discuss Lin-Manuel Miranda net worth, his personal and professional life, income sources, relationships, and a lot of other details today. If you are interested in this celebrity, you can join us in this short but informative post.
Lin-Manuel Miranda was born on 16 January 1980 in New York City, New York. He was the son of Dr. Luz Towns-Miranda and Luis A. Miranda Jr. He is of Puerto Rican descent and used to spend at least one month every year with his grandparents in Puerto Rico. He has one older sister named Luz.
He attended Hunter College Elementary School and Hunter College High School. He grew his interest in music at school and started writing musicals at that time. He wrote the first draft of this future-famous musical, In the Heights, when he was in Wesleyan University in 1999. He graduated from there in 2002.
After graduation, Miranda planned to get a wider viewership for his project, In the Heights and partnered with Thomas Kail, a theatre director. They included another team member, Playwright Quiara Alegria Hudes, in 2004.
The project was a huge success and got nominated for 13 Tony Awards when Broadway was opened. It won 5 Tony Awards including the best musical and best score. It also won a Grammy Award for Best Musical Theater Album. Miranda shook again with his musical Hamilton in 2015. He has also appeared in other musicals like Bring it On, Chump Street, etc.
Height, Weight and Other Measurements
Height1.75 m / 5’ 8”
Weight73 Kg / 160 lbs
Body MeasurementsBody Size 44 inches, Waist Size 32 inches, Hips Size 46 Inches,
Eye ColorDark brown
Lin-Manuel Miranda didn’t face any controversies throughout his career. He is one of those actors who have the cleanest image in the industry. He is married to his high school friend, Vanessa Nadal, since 2010. His wife was a lawyer at Jones Day law firm. The couple has two children together and is happily married till now.
Full NameLin-Manuel Miranda
Date of Birth16 January 1980
ParentsFather: Luis A. Miranda, Jr., Mother: Luz Towns-Miranda
SpouseVanessa Nadal (m. 2010)
ChildrenSebastian Miranda, Francisco Miranda
Lin-Manuel Miranda Net Worth & Income Source
With a knack for music composition and playwrighting, Miranda has done several successful projects in his life. He has a colorful and diversified career and he earned his wealth through these careers. Though he earned most from acting and producing, the role of his career as a composer is also crucial.
Net Worth$90 Million
HouseNew York City, New York
Income SourceActor, Singer, Composer, Playwright
Salary in 2021Under Review
Lin-Manuel Miranda Facts
• Miranda's work has also won him a Pulitzer Prize, an Emmy, three Tonys, and three Grammys.
• Disney paid $75 million for the rights to the "Hamilton" film in February 2020 in what is believed to be one of the largest film acquisitions ever, per Deadline.
• Miranda bought a three-bedroom, two-bathroom penthouse apartment in a co-op with his father after winning his first Tony for "In the Heights" in 2008.
• The unit has views of the Manhattan skyline from its wraparound terrace and is just blocks from one of Miranda's favorite hangouts, Inwood Hill Park.
• In 2013, Miranda and his wife, lawyer Vanessa Nadal, opted to live in Midtown Manhattan, and his parents occupied the Inwood apartment until it was sold for $780,000.
• The apartment hit the market again in January 2018 for $949,000.
• Miranda bought two more prewar apartments in a Washington Heights apartment complex for $2.5 million in 2017.
• Miranda lives a relatively modest lifestyle outside of his apartment, and even still rides the subway.
• He has also supported the arts and the Latinx community in America, which has included pledging $1 million to provide scholarships for students of color at the Eugene O'Neill Theater Center's National Theater Institute.
• His favorite Disney character is Bruni from Frozen 2.
• He likes mint chocolate chip ice cream.
• He likes snow but hates the rain.
• He likes fizzy drinks.
• He isn't a picky eater, but he can't take spicy food well as he sweats and pants when he does.
• Nadal describes herself as an 'attorney, engineer, profesora," on her Twitter acount.
This talented and humble celebrity can create magic through his plays and musicals. We are glad to inform you of Lin-Manuel Miranda net worth and other details and hope now you know a bit more about him than you knew before reading this.