Susan Abigail Sarandon or more popularly known as Susan Sarandon is an American actress, activist, and producer. She is best known for appearing in films like Joe, A World Apart, etc. She has won several prestigious awards like Academy Award, BAFTA Award, SAG Award, etc. She has also been nominated for Daytime Emmy Award, Primetime Emmy Award, and Golden Globe Award. She was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Frame for her tremendous contribution to the industry.
Let’s know more about Susan Sarandon net worth, her personal and professional life, income source, etc. Here you go.
Susan Sarandon was born on 4 October 1946 in Jackson Heights, New York City. She had eight siblings. Susan is the eldest daughter of Philip Leslie Tomalin and Lenora Marie. Her father worked as an advertising executive, television producer, and nightclub singer. Her father is of English, Irish, and Welsh descent. Her mother is of Italian descent.
Susan grew up in Edison, New Jersey in a Roman Catholic household. She also attended Catholic schools at a young age. She graduated from high school in 1964 and then attended The Catholic University of America. Susan earned a BA degree in drama from there in 1968. She worked with reputed drama coach Father Gilbert V. Hartke.
Her film career started in 1970. She debuted in the film Joe where she played the role of a teen getting involved in drugs and degeneracy. She also acted in soap operas like A World Apart and Search for Tomorrow. She got back to the film industry in the mid-1970s and appeared in the lead role in the film The Great Waldo Pepper.
Susan appeared in another critically acclaimed film called Bull Durham in 1988. This was a huge success at the box office. She got nominated for Academy Award for her movie Thelma and Louise. She also did many great roles in the 1990s. Her films like White Palace, Stepmom, Little Women, etc. got positive reviews from the critics.
Height, Weight, and Other Measurements
Height1.70 m / 5’ 7”
Weight63 Kg / 139 lbs
Breast/Bust size37 in / 97 cm
Waist size26 in / 69 cm
Hips size36 in / 92 cm
Bra size42D (US) / 95D (EU)
Cup sizeD (US)
Dress Size10 (US)
Shoe (Feet) Size7.5 (US)
Eye ColorLight brown
Susan got married to her first husband, Chris Sarandon, in 1967. Their marriage lasted for 12 years. After their divorce, Susan dated David Bowie, Louis Malle, and Sean Penn for short time. Her relationship with Franco Amurri, a filmmaker, produced a daughter.
Susan started living with Tim Robbins in 1988 and gave birth to two sons. After their breakup, Susan dated Jonathan Bricklin who was 31 years younger than her.
Full NameSusan Abigail Sarandon
Date of Birth4 October 1946
FatherPhillip Leslie Tomalin
MotherLeonora Marie Criscione
HusbandChris Sarandon (m. 1967–1979)
SiblingPhillip L. Tomalin Jr., Meredith Carroll, Terry Tomalin, MORE
ChildrenEva Amurri, Miles Robbins, Jack Henry Robbins
Susan Sarandon Net Worth
Susan made most of her wealth from the acting career. She has acted in many famous movies and won several awards. She also produced successful movies.
Net Worth$70 Million
HouseLiving own House
Income SourceActress, Producer, Activist
Salary in 2022N/A
Awards & Achievements
- 2017 Emmy-Outstanding Limited Series: nominated
- 2015 Screen Actors Guild Awards-Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries: nominated
- 2010 Emmy-Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie: nominated
- 2010 Screen Actors Guild Awards-Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries: nominated
- 2009 Golden Globe-Best Performance by an Actress in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: nominated
- 2008 Genie Awards-Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role: nominated
- 2008 Screen Actors Guild Awards-Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries: nominated
- 2008 Emmy-Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie: nominated
- 2003 Golden Globe-Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: nominated
- 1999 Golden Globe-Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama: nominated
- 1996 Golden Globe-Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama: nominated
- 1995 Oscar-Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role: winner
- 1995 Screen Actors Guild Awards-Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role: winner
- 1995 BAFTA Film Awards-Best Actress in a Leading Role: winner
- 1994 Oscar-Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role: nominated
- 1994 Screen Actors Guild Awards-Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role: nominated
- 1993 Golden Globe-Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama: nominated
- 1992 Oscar-Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role: nominated
- 1992 National Society of Film Critics-Best Actress - Runner-up: winner
- 1991 Golden Globe-Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama: nominated
- 1989 Golden Globe-Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: nominated
- 1981 Oscar-Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role: nominated
- 1981 Genie Awards-Best Performance by a Foreign Actress: winner
Susan Sarandon Facts
- She landed her first movie—Joe (1970)—when she tagged along to a casting call with her then-husband Chris Sarandon.
- She almost didn’t get the part in Bull Durham because the studio thought she was too old and not funny enough.
- She dated rocker David Bowie in the ’80s after she and Sarandon divorced.
- Daytime drama! She appeared in the soaps Search for Tomorrow and the short-lived A World Apart.
- She is one of the owners of Spin, a ping-pong social club with locations in New York, San Francisco, Toronto, Los Angeles and Chicago.
- She was one of eight women who carried the Olympic flag at the 2006 Winter Games opening ceremony in Turin, Italy.
- You might see her at Nevada’s annual Burning Man festival—she’s been twice.
- Sarandon kept her Oscar for Best Actress for Dead Man Walking in the guest bathroom for years.
- She caught pneumonia after filming the swimming pool scene in The Rocky Horror Picture Show, but kept working.
- Sarandon fractured her foot during production of the FX TV series Feud and wore a supportive boot whenever possible.
We are wrapping up Susan Sarandon net worth here. Hope you have got the information you were searching for. See you again.